Theresa (Baiocco) Farr, Conversion Strategist
I look at—and improve upon—the whole sales funnel (from landing page to the final conversion step).
I help clients improve conversions by systematically identifying, prioritizing and fixing problem areas. By reviewing site analytics, I determine WHAT is wrong, then I run various usability tests and analyze the site from a conversion framework to figure out WHY.
Next, I test different solutions to fix those issues by running A/B tests, so you know without a doubt whether those changes increased your conversions and your revenue.
How I got into Conversion Optimization
I optimize for results, not traffic. But I didn’t always think that way. Originally, I thought like everyone else and believed free traffic was the key to success.
But then an interesting thing happened.
My husband and business partner, Richard Farr, and I had been providing SEO and PPC services for a client for several years. Google Analytics showed that we were driving more traffic — and better quality traffic — to their site year after year. Despite accomplishing these goals, however, the company’s revenue wasn’t growing; it was actually getting WORSE! So we pretended to be a customer and tried to buy their service.
Guess what happened?
We actually got kicked out of their shopping cart while trying to make a purchase!
The site was so poorly built that it didn’t matter how much traffic was sent to it; no one could figure out how to buy anything! This led us to a key realization that guides our philosophy today:
We can better help our clients by making their sites better not by worrying about traffic alone. So Richard specialized in getting really good at PPC and analytics, and I immersed myself in Conversion Optimization.
Let our knowledge help you too.
My Speaking & Teaching Experience:
- Repeat speaker at Conversion Conference
- Repeat speaker at Pubcon
- Speaker at Swivel (formerly Bend Webcam)
- Speaker at SEMPDX and Engage Conference
- Speaker at AdFed
- Repeat Presenter on Convert Academy
- Faculty for Marketing Funnel Automation
- Faculty for Central Oregon Community College Continuing Education
- Faculty for Marketing Profs
- Master’s degree in Marketing from the University of Colorado in Denver
- Market Motive Master Certified in Conversion Optimization
- Market Motive Trained Practitioner in SEO
- Market Motive Trained Practitioner in Web Analytics